Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Never take a moment for granted

This week has been one of the hardest weeks ever. Last week was the best week I have had in a while, I finally was in a good place. Then Sunday morning happened. Sunday morning at 3 am Eastern Time, my cousin Courtney, who was like a big sister to me was killed in a car accident. She was only 25, yes another 20 something girl. The tragedy and pain of her loss is extremely hard on our family. We didn't expect this and weren't ready for it. She and I had gotten close in the past year or so and I was sooo looking forward to seeing her in July at our family reunion. I actually hadn't talked to her in a few weeks because I had just been so busy. I even thought of texting her the night before she died, and I didn't because I didn't want to bother her. I wish I had now. I wish I had told her I loved her and that she should wear her seatbelt and to not let her boyfriend speed. I wish I had reminisced that night about her making me eat a spider and when we went on the Zipper ride together in Fountain Hills and I knew I wasn't supposed to, but it turned out to be so much fun. I wish I had laughed at how ridiculous our grandparents can be, one more time, reminisced about how lame, yet how fun Michigan's Adventure is and all the fun we had screaming on tubes behind Uncle Steve's boat in Saranac and the river. However, I am glad to know, she is with Jesus now. She didn't suffer and isn't in pain and is now rejoicing and praising God with the angels. But how we will miss her here until she comes home.
I'm writing this, in part to vent..to let part of my emotions out, and I have many different ones, but I am also writing this to remind you not to take what you have for granted.
Don't take for granted the moments you have. If you love someone tell them, don't let it go unsaid, because you don't know if you'll be able to say it again. Live life to its fullest and embrace each day as the gift that it is from God. Don't wait around to do something or for someone, who knows how much longer you have.
Also, for goodness sake, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! I don't care how far you are going, where you are, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! If she had just worn her seatbelt she probably would still be here with us, they may seem like an inconvienence at times, but THEY SAVE LIVES!
Those are my words of wisdom for now. Maybe I'll have more when I come back from Kentucky. Tomorrow is going to be a HARD day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.