Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am stressed

Apparently.

I really don't have a ton of reason to be stressed out. I'm not even teaching right now, but I think all the stress of my life has finally caught up with me now that I have a chance to breathe...kind of. I've seriously developed a nervous twitch. Every time I sneeze my eyes twitches furiously.....and I've been sneezing a lot, and now my eye is starting to twitch on its own. I'm worried.
Not really.

But seriously, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have been non-stop applying for jobs and trying to get everything in order for interviewing...that I'm starting to lose it, subconciously, because I really am like happy right now. I don't necessarily feel stressed, yet I know I am. I suppose it's because I've been stressed out for over a year now. I'm not exaggerating, I am being serious....lets take a look at what I've done the past year shall we?

Spring semester 2008
:
-Started the partnership program = 19 credit hours
+
making lesson plans for the first time for partnership program
+
3 more credit hours for my junior writing course
Grand total of credit hours= 21 hours= junior status as a sophomore...what what!?

extra credit: Worked 15-17 hours as a waitress at Little America, closed many nights, would average getting to bed around midnight.
....woke up at 6:45am

January 2008 (runs concurrently with spring semester 2008)
I contracted mononucleosis (known as the kissing disease)...thought I was going to die...yet STILL went to school and taught 6th grade every day.

Summer 2008

-Took 12 credit hours at CGCC
-Went to class daily
-Wasn't really that hard, however...
-I took philosophy....STUPIDEST CLASS EVER...got a B
+worked at Salerno's did a lot of reading while at work for forementioned class.

Extra credit:
My wonderful beautiful cousin Courtney was killed in a car accident in June....in the middle of my busy school schedule. Luckily I had very forgiving professors.
And I volunteered at church...a lot.

Fall 2008
Continued Partnership program= 21 credit hours
+
writing lesson plans....still, at least I am a little bit faster now
+
Kickboxing and self-defense classes= 2 credit hours = 23 credit hours = senior status at beginning of Junior year...what what!!?

Extra credit:
Worked two jobs: 3 hours a week at Morton (boo) and 15 hours at Abundant Life Preschool + being a youth coach at CCOF (done since october 2008) however it was stepped up this semester + Texas wedding the SAME EXACT week of midterms = taking a midterm in the car one the way from South Padre Island to Brownsville.
bonus: took the AEPA tests...awesome

Spring 2009:
Student teaching.....nuff said.
Lesson plans, unit plans, observations, papers, being snowed in at Mund's Park
+
HORRIBLE economy and teacher cuts
+
trying to find a job and get certified and make a portfolio
= stressed out

Extra credit: Working 6 hours a week = no money = more stress


Awesome
:)

1 comment:

Kate said...

You know, this seems to happen a lot. Scott, Andrea, and I all had panic attacks at happy times in our lives after something stressful happened. I think that we turn on survival mode when we're stressed and bury our stress. Then when our life gets happy, it comes back up and we get stressed for what seems to be no significant reason. Good luck with your interviews and such! I love you Abby!
-Kate

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.