Thursday, April 2, 2009

Elliptical Reflections

As I was working out a couple hours ago, I went into my workout "bubble" if you will and reflected on my life. My life is so up in the air right now. I have no idea what I am doing in a matter of weeks....yes weeks, what I am doing in the Fall, or anything. Thankfully I DO know that my heavenly Father has a plan, even when I don't. I should be freaking out right now, because I don't even have a job after the 8th of May and prospects are looking bleak. It's a scary time and while I do feel scared, I have peace.
I also should be upset too because I recently had a relationship end. While I am disappointed it didn't work out and I do miss having someone to take care of me, spend time with , and share a part of my life with, I am still extremely happy. Which is odd for me. I know there is a reason we didn't work out and that God has someone planned for specially for me, and I am excited to see who this person will be, and I know he will come. Its hard for me to remain still and patient, so god is working in me. Also, I think it makes it easier too because I know Derek and I can be friends, and I cherish that.
God is trying to teach me to live in the present and be happy in the present, and not always be waiting for the future. If I wait for the future all the time, how can I enjoy the present?
Oh btw, I went blonde again, this makes me happy. I always feel so much more sunnier when I am blonde. But I do get teased a lot more for "being blonde". I just realized today as I watching Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix, that I am like Luna Lovegood. I'm spacey at times. Oh well, that's me and I like me.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh dear goodness, I admire you Abby. One of the hardest things about the whole "college life" is that there are times when you have NO idea what is coming next. I'm sorry about the guy, but you are so right in knowing that Heavenly Father is giving you these experiences to make you into the person you need to be to meet Mr. Right.

I try to remember to live in the present, especially when I would worry about things I couldn't control. Keep it up Abby, everything will turn out GREAT!

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.