Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some may say I'm a dreamer



Well now, since this is my first blog, y'all should get to know me. First off, I will write y'all sometimes, get over it. Second of all, and this a new realization, I am a dreamer. I have hopes and dreams, and when they get crushed, it's heartbreaking and when they come true, I am on air. Recently my heart was broken and it prompted me to write this blog. I want to give advice to other dreamers, not to stop dreaming, but to be careful with reality and these dreams.


Women, we dream. We plan..regardless of who we are, we dream and plan. Me, I have dreamed about being a wife and mother since I was a little girl. Yes, I want the career and I want my independence, but first and foremost I have always wanted to be a wife and mother. I have been dreaming about my wedding day since I was 3. And I had been dreaming it would be with a certain person since I was very young....I thought it would work out...thus far, it has crumbled in my hands when I was only a few short years (in my mind) to attaining that dream of a white wedding.


This was my wake up call.


I have been planning and dreaming so much for something that was not a reality yet, that I missed out on so much. I'm working on putting my life back together and back in perspective, it's a painful process, but I hope and trust that it will end up for my greater good.


So with that here are my words of wisdom:


Girls, do not plan based on dreams, but based on reality...when you plan based on your hopes and uncertainties, it sets you up for heartache.


Guys, do not make promises dealing with these dreams...especially when you know them, if you cannot follow through. You will end up hated, I can promise you this.


With that, I am out!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.