Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Learning to Focus

Focus can be something tricky for people in general to keep track of. What do we focus on? What should we focus on?

Focus

I've been going through a lot lately...and while that is all water under the bridge now and all taken care of and I'm no longer bitter or angry or resentful, it has been tough and it's still not something I want to go through. I still hope, still, that things can work out in the future and still see in so many ways how he is so good for me. Right now though, we're just not...we're not in the right places in life, our relationship needs to be repaired or maybe even just restarted all together, but maybe just maybe there is a future for us somewhere. We'll see.
But what would've made this a lot less painful and a lot less....drawn out, is if I had my focus in the right place. I was so fixated on him, on being with him, on planning our future together, on his life, that I lost sight of me...and most importantly my faith. I was also too prideful to admit that was what I was doing, even when I knew I was. So, while I still hope that he is my future, I'm not going to be consumed by that...something has changed, and something has finally just clicked in my brain and I am going to focus on me, and my life, and my relationship with Christ, no one else. I have this feeling God has destined me for great and wonderful things and while I still hold out that hope that these great and wonderful things happen with him in my life and as my "partner in crime", I find hope and trust in the fact that if our futures do not cross, there is something better for me. Better than I have known and imagined, and while now that seems impossible in my mind, I've learned God is not one of limits. He wants my life, and I've given it before to him and I grew so drastically, I need to give it again, and stick with it. It's hard to do, and it's going to take me a while to change.

Words of Wisdom: As a follower of Christ, nothing should be put before Christ, nothing, because the only way He'll get you to put your focus back on Him, is by doing something drastic in your life....over and over till you get it.

We are stupid lambs...sadly...thankfully we have a shepherd who loves us without condition and will lead us home when we go astray.

Lamb In Jesus arms

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.