Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The little perks in life

My little perks are my students....today I decided that since I've been so stressed out lately and things have just turned out....not as expected, that I needed to destress and laugh a little more, even though generally I am a happy person. ANYWAY, I think I will add more to this list of truly inspirational quotes once I hear some more, today was a golden day though. Here are some memorable quotes from my kids today:

"Look I have boobies!"
~ "Caitlyn" 2 yrs old

"I accidentally got poo on the toilet!" (slightly gross, but her face was classic)
~ "Amy" 4 yrs old

"Teacher! Teacher! I feel like my head is sinking in!!!"
~ Mackenzie 4 yrs old

I must explain the last one I feel. Today Mackenzie and another kid bonked heads on the playground and she ran up to me, not even crying, and said that. I felt bad, because I could barely contain my laughter when she said that! She was so serious and gravely concerned! She did have a pretty big bump though, so we got some ice for her head, which she later decided to suck on in class and share with her friends.
Things I love about my job:

~ I get to color
~ The kids think I am the world greatest drawer, when in fact, I am awful
~ Kids make me smile and laugh, I love it
~ I have truly mastered the "look"
~ I get hugs, and I love hugs
~ I swing on swings on the playground
~ I get to play with playdough
~ I get told I am pretty at least once a day by a four year old
~ I ADORE being called teacher
~ The job is easy and I think it's fun

I LOVE my job.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.