Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My so called summer 08...baybee!

Because that's what every one is calling it these days. And yes..I wrote BAYBEE....I thought it accentuated the obnoxiousness.
And I think I just made up a word.
Anyway, its been a while since I last blogged...mostly because I'm lazy and partly because nothing THAT exciting has happened. I did recently come back from Michigan, which was fun and good, but still painful. It was very apparent that we were missing one of our girls. I was also able to get a sense of closure because my Aunt let me read some of the things Courtney had written in her Bible, it gave me a peace to know where she was and also made me miss her all the more to see her beautiful handwriting...it was like she was still here.
It was a cool thing though, to see the rest of my family...some of whom I'd never met and others I hadn't seen since I was nine. Like my grandparent's siblings, especially my grandmother's craziest people you will ever meet. And I finally met the elusive Aunt Betty. She's like 80 going on a 102....she's like one of those women that you say "she's a tough old bird" and you mean it...
However, my favorite crazy relative would have to be this man:


Uncle Joey.
I'm not sure if he was ever in the navy, but he wears that hat everywhere he goes and has worn it ever since I can remember. Not only do I love him because of eccentricity but also because he really cares about his great nieces and nephews. It's cool.

In other news....I've decided that since I am in my twenties and I really haven't done anything THAT cool since I was like 17, I am now going to do something really cool. I'm going to train for a half marathon...the PF Chang's Rock N Roll Arizona half marathon to be exact.
For the record....I am NOT a runner. So doing this...is a huge challenge, but I really want to do it. I'm supposed to be in my prime right now and I am not going to miss out on that. Plus...I don't have kids yet and I might as well start running now, so that when I have kids they can see how cool their mom was before them.
Because I will be a cool mom.
And not like Regina George's mom was a cool mom.
Anyway, it was day two of training today...and it went well, definitely better than day one, but let me tell you...this was the WRONG week to start. Need I say more? No I don't.

Anyway, I need to get back to doing something else productive, like practicing for rehearsal tomorrow or dusting....

Advice for the day:
Take advantage of your best years, you're not going to get them back and you probably won't do it when you're old, or in the words of a wise woman I know "you definitely won't do it when you're old...you're too tired."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Abby and I have experiences that I feel will give others "empirical" knowledge (thanks philosophy 101) and I'm pretty cool. If you know me, congratulations...if you don't too bad for you. :( Get to know me.